Saturday, June 14, 2014

Be Considerate of What You Wish For


There has always been, in my mind, such a distinction between what happens in the "waking world"and what happens in the dream world of sleep and imagination. Yet, when I think about it...when I really think about it, the two are inextricably woven together.

I am a functional dreamer...you've heard of functional alcoholics, right? Well, I am a functional dreamer. I purposefully and artfully weave my dreams through my reality. The interesting thing about this process is that the reality takes on the hues, tones, and texture of the dreams...and sometimes...just sometimes...they actually merge and become one...and WOW! That's where the magic of "what might be" meets the medium of "what is".

So right now I am in the middle of a "Dream Weaver"project. I left my 8 to 5, 40+ hours a week job to set sail for the open sea of what might exist beyond the place I felt "less than" in. I am in the midst of dreaming, weaving, living, and ordering what this "new" reality is. So here are some of the criteria I have, so far, that I am weaving into this new way of being:

- I have natural rhythms that will lie at the heart of this life: when I need sleep - I sleep; when I need exercise - I do it; when I need to meditate - I am welcome to do that. In fact, there is a self caring graciousness of acceptance, love, and honor. It is about self care and self love, that is then available to the world in the form of other care, and other love. It is balanced and healthful way for all.

- People are a key component of this reality in an amazingly rich and balance symbiotic way. We collectively lift each other up, care about each other, honor each other, respect each other, and love each other exactly as we each are, with all of our faults and foibles, with all of our brilliance and uniqueness. At the heart of the people in my life lies acceptance, love, and care.

These are two of a number of the threads that I am weaving this new dreamscape with. I am pleased to say that even as the body ages, even as end of life is inevitable, the dream continues, the creativity flows and at the heart of it Love thrives.

With Love,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment