Friday, July 4, 2014

Thought 5: Connecting in Meaningful Ways 30 Day Challenge


When I see a homeless person, pushing a cart full of stuff down the street I find myself getting angry and indignant about how society is, and how government is, and how the world is, and how people are...

In that moment who has the problem? The "homeless person"...or me?

The personal insight provided in that moment is not about poverty, or the inequities of the world, it's about what I see and how I see it - that I used the lens of anger, and indignation, and righteousness and painted a truly confrontational and antagonistic world.

I ask myself, "what would this moment look like through the lens of love, of curiosity, of wonder, and of possibility? And I run that scenario and it looks VERY different...it feels VERY different...and I realize...WOW!...this is the way to engage with and change the world!

With Love,
Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment