Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 25

Started my road trip to Florida Thursday night after class.  I managed to time it so I hit a "clear" window between snow storms and storms that are traversing the central part of the country.  I left Wisconsin under winter conditions, but with clear roads.  I stayed over night in Lafayette, Indiana and continued on my way Friday morning.  I didn't see signs of other than winter conditions until I crossed into Tennessee.  This is a photo through  the front windshield, of trees in bloom in someones front yard.  It was around the time I was in Tennessee that I started to see that green fog of new leaves on the trees that whispers of spring, and rebirth, and life's renewal.  It wasn't until Alabama that I started to see truly green grass.  I soooooooooooooo needed this "fix" of spring and new life; of beach and sea and sand.  I started grinning ear to ear the moment I turned off of Hwy 65 and headed across Alabama to Florida.  And when I hit the Florida State line, I rolled down my window and shouted to the world, "YES!!!  HELLO FLORIDA!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment