Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 13


This Blog of 7,300 Moments in the Life of Betsy McDowell is an AMAZING work of mindfulness.  I am, after 13 days, PAINFULLY aware of my lack of mindfulness during my day.  I get to the end of my day and INEVITABLY say, "SHIT! I forgot to take a photo - except for the day that I went to lunch with Bailey. 

When I say, "this is how I roll." That's exaclty what happens, I roll...I don't pause...I don't reflect regularly...I don't act purposefully or mindfully, I just react.  I am a master of survival but not of purposeful living. 

WOW!  OK, so now that I have owned my challenge, I'm going to find a way to MOVE, INTENTIONALLY AND MINDFULLY in the direction I intend to go.  As I'm thinking...(see below)  I have this great watch that is a reminder of what I am committed to doing with my life...the watch has an alarm...it can be set to beep at intervals in the day...I'm going to set it to an interval beeping and I am OBLIGATED to take a picture when it beeps...let's see how that works.  Now, yes, I know that it's random, and not my ultimate goal, but in the the spirit of "What about Bob" (the movie) sometimes it's about baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment