Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 60: Choosing to Give Yourself Space and Grace


AN AMAZING EVENING!  That is what I gave myself last night.  I found refuge...no...sanctuary at the Astor House Bed and Breakfast in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  FIRST I gave to someone else:  I took my friend Laurie (whose Birthday it was), who is such a good person and soooooooooooooooo good to me in being there for me when I need her and listening and...you know...doing all those amazing things that those who care about us and love us CHOOSE to do for us in helping us to be us.  I took Laurie for treats and drinks at the Wellington in Green Bay.  I wined us and dined us.  We shared, and laughed, and drank and sampled mini beef wellingtons, and crab cakes, and brochette with lobster and crab and THEN we had cake...as Marie Antoinette put it, "Let them eat cake!"...and we did!   Red Velvet Cake, and rich Carrot Cake...the best of cakes...heaven in a cake...that's what we had.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE - I LOVE YOU!!  

Then I headed back to my place and met up with my WONDERFUL daughter and we headed over to the Astor House Bed and Breakfast, where I was staying for the evening.  WHY? You might ask?  Because I DESERVE IT!  Sometimes getting away, finding sanctuary, getting into the space that allows you to connect deeply with who you are, isn't about going somewhere far away.  Sometimes sanctuary is just down the street, or right around the corner, or just over the hill.  You will know it when you find it and YOU WILL TREASURE IT!  The Astor House Bed and Breakfast is just such a sanctuary for me.  So Jess and I headed over to the Astor House and took up residence in the HONG KONG suite.  WOW!  Loving this pampering!!  Jess LOVED IT!  She immediately started to explore all of the wonderful objects of art and spirit that have so lovingly been brought together to create this MAGICAL environment.  She scooped up the Panda Bear and cradled it in her arms as she touched and looked, commented and  explored.  The attention to detail charms and enchants...and even cooler...it's an environment that is rich with wonderful peopled pieces that are woven together, in design and form, and that cradle the traveler who comes to stay for awhile in a warm and inviting statement of connectedness and rightness.  Simply, it all fits.
As if it couldn't get better?  IT DOES!  So, Jess heads back to the house and I settle in for my evening of pampering and bliss.  I put on my favorite Sarah Brightman CD and I open up my gift from Danielle LaPorte.  YES!!! I received an AMAZING gift from Danielle LaPorte, who I, unabashedly admit I have a HUGE girl crush on!  So, Friday was her Birthday too!  Go figure, two people who have changed my life for the good and THEY SHARE THE SAME BIRTHDAY!  Coincidence? I think not!  The gift, you ask?  OK...so here's another amazing thing, Danielle made her Desire Map available to anyone, on Friday, who felt inspired to reach out to her, because it was her Birthday and she wanted to share the specialness of this day.  So, I'm certainly not going to pass up this chance to send a warm birthday wish her way and at the same time get the Desire Map - can you spell win/win?  WOW!  HOW COOL IS THAT!  So in the spirit of and recognition for Danielle, for my Tribe, for myself, I did just that...and VOILA!...I had the AMAZING gift of spending the evening with Danielle LaPorte's Desire Map...and WOW!...Simply...WOW!  Danielle has created something amazing.  She continues to help me shape and change my life in positive ways, and I am eternally grateful.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURIE...and YEAH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment