Monday, May 6, 2013

Day 57: What are you TIRED of?


You know those questions that can really help you to get a handle on what you DON'T want in your life?  Well this is one of those questions:

What are you TIRED of?

Life has a way of getting me wrapped around the axle on occasion.  Sometimes I get lost in TRYING to be, instead of JUST BEING.  This morning as I was rushing to be on time, life gave me a message, it was to SLOW DOWN and ENJOY THE RIDE.  So I rolled down the window and took in the early morning air, fresh with spring, and I sang loudly for the world to hear:

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

But that wasn't enough.  As I was singing I waved at people going by and wished them well on their morning journey.  I realized, I'm tired of TRYING TO BE.  JUST BEING is my NOW way of being.  How about you?  What are you tired of?

No comments:

Post a Comment